Huecheras or Coral Bells are hardy, evergreen perennials with colorful, mounding foliage. They bloom in spring (May, June) with spikes of white, pink or red flower “bells” that are magnets for hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Hardy in zones 4-9. Heat & humidity tolerant.
- Prefer moderately well draining soils, allow to dry somewhat in between waterings. Drought tolerant. Make sure not to bury the crown when planting.
- Full to part sun. Darker colors can take more sun (some color may fade in too much sun), the veined varieties generally require more shade. Good for cut flowers.
- Very versatile & popular- use in containers, landscape or gardens.
- Fertilize a few times a year with an organic fertilizer like Dr. Earth Rose & Flower or All Purpose and add a soil amendment or compost to promote healthy the plants.
‘Midnight Rose’ Splashes of pink on burgundy foliage.
‘Marmalade’ Shiny, wavy foliage from amber to deep sienna.
‘Peach Flambe’ Bright peachy leaves turn plum in winter.
If you would like to learn more about Heucheras visit: www.terranovanurseries.com We carry many of their perennials, stop by and see our selection, it’s growing more and more as we get closer to spring, Alpine Nursery, Puyallup, WA.