Colorful containers are attractive focal points for entry ways, patios and outdoor living spaces. You can grow just about anything you want in the appropriate container using organic fertilizers, great soil, proper water and the right exposure.
- One trick to a fantastic pot, is a focal point, something taller for height. Then frame it with a lower layer to fill out the pot and lastly, creeping plants to spill over the edges.
- Choose plants with similar water requirements and sun exposure. Use the right plant right place rule.
- Position your container where it gets good air circulation, turn it periodically so it doesn’t stretch and grows evenly on all sides.
- Check the soil frequently for watering needs. Mulch with moss or decorative rock to conserve moisture.
- Use a good potting soil and organic fertilizers from Fox Farms that last longer in the soil than chemical fertilizers. Refer to the directions on the package.
Join us and Fox Farms on April 28th and learn more about using organics and container gardening at Alpine Nursery from 10am-3pm. We can help you create your own “pizzazz in a pot”- we’ll provide the soil (while supplies last). Special sales on that day on our new pots and plants of your choice.
We will also be having the Grand Re-Opening of The Pond Pad, water garden store, located at Alpine that weekend Sat. April 28 & Sun. April 29th, 2012. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org